Thursday 10 February 2011

the man on the train


The breathtaking Mediterranean man who reads with his daughter has breathed life into this painfully stale train journey.

His thick black hair is flecked with grey and pushed into a hurried side parting. Olive skin.

He just caught me looking. It was like that moment in Amelie when Nino first looks up at her from the floor of the photobooth.

I want to look up again so I catch his eye. But I'm too shy.

Gosh he just looked at me again. My heart is tight like a fist.

I'm desperately in love with a man I'll never speak to.

It's that jaw. I never could resist a man with a strong jaw.

And those eyes. Like two drops of dark liquid chocolate.

He's laughing. He laughs like a king.

Crushingly, "I'm a fool to want you" just came on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment